Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It all started as a joke...

I thought that it was important that it go down in history that this was my idea. Although I have a pretty good idea where this site is headed and I'm not sure that I want to take the credit for that, I still figured that I needed to explain how this all came about.

It was on one of the many long distance phone calls this summer connecting Ottawa and Edmonton that the idea to create a blog site to keep in touch with our friends and family was floated. At first it was a joke because I knew that our site would never engage in debate on current world events or controversial issues and I definitely knew that it would never match up to that of our blog (and mid-twenties) idol Mike McNair... Was there even a point? I started to feel the pressure. I kept wondering if we did do this, could we ever really compete in this ever so popular world of blogging?

Then Emma made me realize... of course we can do this! Who wouldn't want to know what we are up to here in London? Pictures from our travels? This is a great idea! We started to get out of control (to be expected) with ideas and thoughts for this new site. We then decided to take the idea back to our common advisory group and we fully supported in our endeavors. I guess if all else fails, we will know that the tally on the visitor count at least reflects our parents and Laura and Kristina. So here it is, take it for what it is and please post regularly. I hope that you will enjoy keeping up to date on the next year(s?) of our lives...

I promise it will at least be entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home