So I have finally managed to get my wireless working and I decided that my prioirty while sitting at the Garrick (the LSE equivalent of the Common Ground expect that you have to swipe your student card to get in) was to update our blog. Forget the fact that I am just completely drowning in the amount of work I have to do already; the blog comes first. I apologize for the lag in posting... but we are back!
On Tuesday we packed up our stuff and moved over 210 pounds of stuff (collectively) via tube to our new flat, the Stamford Brook Mansions (imagine... mansions!). It turned out that when we got there, our flatmates had to go right back to work and basically just left us the keys! So Emma and I had the place to ourselves and unpacked! The boys (Matt and Symon) didn't end up getting home until 3 am so we made plans to go for a pint (and meet) Wednesday instead.
So fast forward to last night. The night started off with Emm and I watching some trashy British TV (including Corrie: they are so far ahead, and all I can tell you die hard fans in Canada that it is that it is getting soooooo good!) and we then headed a couple tube stops east to Earls Court to visit Lauren and Ashley. It was soooo fun to see them and see their place! Unfortunately the visit had to be cut short because we had to head back to meet our flatmates at the pub across the street from the Mansions (the Raven).
So we met Symon and Matt at 10ish and basically had the best time. They are the nicest guys, super cool and very very fun! We met a bunch of their friends and co-workers and basically closed the pub (which isn't hard when last call is around 11) We then headed back to our place where we continued the party until 2am! It was definitely a really good night and from the looks of it, it is going to be a really great year.
On Tuesday we packed up our stuff and moved over 210 pounds of stuff (collectively) via tube to our new flat, the Stamford Brook Mansions (imagine... mansions!). It turned out that when we got there, our flatmates had to go right back to work and basically just left us the keys! So Emma and I had the place to ourselves and unpacked! The boys (Matt and Symon) didn't end up getting home until 3 am so we made plans to go for a pint (and meet) Wednesday instead.
So fast forward to last night. The night started off with Emm and I watching some trashy British TV (including Corrie: they are so far ahead, and all I can tell you die hard fans in Canada that it is that it is getting soooooo good!) and we then headed a couple tube stops east to Earls Court to visit Lauren and Ashley. It was soooo fun to see them and see their place! Unfortunately the visit had to be cut short because we had to head back to meet our flatmates at the pub across the street from the Mansions (the Raven).
So we met Symon and Matt at 10ish and basically had the best time. They are the nicest guys, super cool and very very fun! We met a bunch of their friends and co-workers and basically closed the pub (which isn't hard when last call is around 11) We then headed back to our place where we continued the party until 2am! It was definitely a really good night and from the looks of it, it is going to be a really great year.

1 Comments:
I'm soooo excited for you and so glad things worked out (I knew it would) with the housing- good luck on your first day!!
Post a Comment
<< Home