Sunday, October 16, 2005

Pretty nice little weekend we had there eh Em?

Had a pretty low-key night on Friday. I did homework and Emma sailed into her International Student Info Session late. While she thought that she was playing it cool by arriving casually late, she soon realized that the party was not so much a party as much as it was on the basics of how to exist in London. Lame.

Once she arrived home, we turned on the teley to take in a little British culture. Wow. Three lessons learnt:
1. American shows are a rare delight that should not be taken for granted.
2. The Brits LOVE their grammar. Like enough to put it in game show format... what is that?
3. They can absolutely swear their heads off and no one even flinches.

Saturday Jenna was down and the Bailey girls headed to some freaky circus artsy thing that I decided to take a pass on. Apparently it was good. I had a volunteer orientation for the national AIDS organization I am volunteering for. Fastforward to the evening, where I met up with Emma, Jenna and Genesta and their friends at a pub in SoHo after going for dinner with people from school. Pretty good little Saturday night. The highlight will be captured in Emma's post (see number 4). All I can say is wow. Like unbelievable.

Today Emma and I slept in due to point number one of British observations. We then made Canadian pancakes with Canadian maple syrup for our flat mate Matt which were pretty much the best thing ever (big thanks to Mom and Dad for the special delivery!) I then proceeded to nap, which I do a lot of here and then we went out for a mediocre at best Sunday roast. Cheap does not alway equal good. That brings us up to date, with the two of us sitting side by side at an internet cafe singing along to Lionel Richie's Once, Twice, Three Times a Lady. Well maybe that is just me. But at least I am not like my compadre who has been heard making comments like: ''Don't you miss popcorn'' out of no where.

We need internet at home soon because the loud, obnoxious laughing that has gone along with this posting has not been going well with the others in the internet cafe.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home