British Observations...
1. British transportation (buses, tubes, and even Black cabs) HATES US. The tube closed this weekend by our house (please save your District line comments to yourself James), ergo we were forced to take the bus. Well...more like run for the bus, miss it, walk to the next stop, run to catch a different bus, wrong bus, sit and wait, bus comes and decides to stop running, walk, see the bus pass us, cry, and walk. You get the point. It was not our proudest moment. We also took 5 different tubes to get home last night. No matter how early we leave the City we always get in to our beds late because Transpotation hates us. I would like to take this opportunity to quote the drunk guy on the tube from last night who kept yelling, "There are people sitting on the platform who have been there for four days...."
2. Bartenders don't smile. People smoke in your face. And vegetables are mushy. I've never craved undercooked veggies so much in my life!
3. If you are a practicing goth, Camden would be a nice little Saturday for you. If you are not, Camden can be scary. They will also close the tube if it is a busy day. Please see Point #1.
4. There are scary people on the street. For example, we were walking down Oxford Street last night and found a man laying on his side. Peeing. Picture how shocked our faces were. All I could keep saying to our American friends was "I'm from small town Canada. I'm from small town Canada." It was disturbing.
5. Don't take an unliscensed cab. I have a thirteen minute speech on the dangers of doing so if you want more information.
Please don't let this discourage you from visiting. It is a really nice place. I swear. I love you Mom and Dad.
1. British transportation (buses, tubes, and even Black cabs) HATES US. The tube closed this weekend by our house (please save your District line comments to yourself James), ergo we were forced to take the bus. Well...more like run for the bus, miss it, walk to the next stop, run to catch a different bus, wrong bus, sit and wait, bus comes and decides to stop running, walk, see the bus pass us, cry, and walk. You get the point. It was not our proudest moment. We also took 5 different tubes to get home last night. No matter how early we leave the City we always get in to our beds late because Transpotation hates us. I would like to take this opportunity to quote the drunk guy on the tube from last night who kept yelling, "There are people sitting on the platform who have been there for four days...."
2. Bartenders don't smile. People smoke in your face. And vegetables are mushy. I've never craved undercooked veggies so much in my life!
3. If you are a practicing goth, Camden would be a nice little Saturday for you. If you are not, Camden can be scary. They will also close the tube if it is a busy day. Please see Point #1.
4. There are scary people on the street. For example, we were walking down Oxford Street last night and found a man laying on his side. Peeing. Picture how shocked our faces were. All I could keep saying to our American friends was "I'm from small town Canada. I'm from small town Canada." It was disturbing.
5. Don't take an unliscensed cab. I have a thirteen minute speech on the dangers of doing so if you want more information.
Please don't let this discourage you from visiting. It is a really nice place. I swear. I love you Mom and Dad.

4 Comments:
Hey BOss! So Kingston's Bus system wasn't as bad eh? There is a student line now, which take us to Food Basic and it comes by very often! I was at Alfies on Friday with Liz and Kaylee, so much fun! The Bartenders smile and no one smoke! Jim Nicholson, Omar, Dave Homouth, and Julie were so wasted! You should see Omar and Jim, those two were everywhere!! Brain Chaney's Birthday on Monday, and we are partying it up on Friday at Alfies!!! We all miss you Kelly! When are you coming back to party with us?
Keep up the good work... Glad to see you are branching out and meeting some new people. I know it is hard for you girls, but it will come with practice.
Bahahahaahha.
Funny stuff Emm.
Love, Juju ;)
Emma...if you could write more like Oct 16-with your play by play of the british transportation system it would be greatly appreciated. I laughed pretty hard.
Anita
Post a Comment
<< Home