It is amazing how you can just get lost in thought in the streets of London. I think that one of my favourite things to do in this city is to plug in the good old iPod, set out on foot and just take it all in. Human behaviour is an incredible thing... especially when people think no one is looking.
Today is a great example. On my walk to the gym (at the University of London campus), I made some very interesting observations that I thought that I would share.
1. Londoners (not sure if this is true for all Brits) love to talk to themselves. Now, I don't mean like a little smile, or one short comment uddered under your breath while you reflect back on something that might have just happened. Oh no my friends, I am talking about people having full on conversations with themselves. This is sometimes deceiving because of the increasing use of handfree sets for mobiles, but I always make sure to check if the person is on the phone, or just having a good old heart to heart with themselves. It tends to surprisingly be the latter.
2. People, I think perhaps tourists, love squirrels. I see them taking pictures of them in Russell Square ALL THE TIME. Like what is that?!? Did I miss some memo? Maybe there aren't squirrels where these people are from, but I would borrow from my wise friend Laura, who once noted that "squirrels are just rats with a nicer costume". I just don't understand. Today marks the third time I have seen people chasing them around with a camera trying to snap a good shot.
Regardless of what crazies are out there, I still love London.
Today is a great example. On my walk to the gym (at the University of London campus), I made some very interesting observations that I thought that I would share.
1. Londoners (not sure if this is true for all Brits) love to talk to themselves. Now, I don't mean like a little smile, or one short comment uddered under your breath while you reflect back on something that might have just happened. Oh no my friends, I am talking about people having full on conversations with themselves. This is sometimes deceiving because of the increasing use of handfree sets for mobiles, but I always make sure to check if the person is on the phone, or just having a good old heart to heart with themselves. It tends to surprisingly be the latter.
2. People, I think perhaps tourists, love squirrels. I see them taking pictures of them in Russell Square ALL THE TIME. Like what is that?!? Did I miss some memo? Maybe there aren't squirrels where these people are from, but I would borrow from my wise friend Laura, who once noted that "squirrels are just rats with a nicer costume". I just don't understand. Today marks the third time I have seen people chasing them around with a camera trying to snap a good shot.
Regardless of what crazies are out there, I still love London.

10 Comments:
Thanks for the shout out. You know how I feel about squirrels. They are rats. Rats, I tell you.
wise laura...please. that was so a line from sex and the city - circa season 4 when carrie is with aidan in the country. wise laura...kel i can't wait to see you at the christmas party.
Aren't Squirrels and Pigeons related? I'm still trying to convince the crap off my Mo....
Wise Laura gets called out. I love it Linds... I can't wait!
Rod - I am pretty sure there is some relation. Good call.
I just wanted to let you know that I love squirrels and in my attempt to find some interesting facts on these furry little creatures, I found a very funny and interesting website that you should all check out, http://www.anti-squirrel.com/info.html
And by the way "Anonymous" is your blonde friend Shelley! Now I see where I am supposed to type my name in..,it's all making sense now!
And by the way "Anonymous" is your blonde friend Shelley! Now I see where I am supposed to type my name in..,it's all making sense now!
Girls! I forgot to tell you about the Christmas balls I get to go to!! Remind me later!!
hahahahahahahahh......
I noticed the same thing when I lived there: Londoners definitely talk to themselves. Bizarre place.
I thought Kel amd James were crazy with the whole people talking to themselves thing.
Saw one today.
My bad.
Post a Comment
<< Home