One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One ....Bottle of Champagne
Last night Kelly and I attended a Queen's Alumni Whisky tasting party at some posh-looking-yet-we-knew-it-was-probably-sketchy hotel. There was a plethora of whiskeys to be sampled, which many of our friends did, but Kelly and I discovered we aren't big fans of the whisk'. I kept stealing the bottles of water from the whisky drinkers. I'm just THAT hard core. So we mostly hung out with Mike, Erik, Timmy W, new guy Scott, and Christian the Swede - and tried our best to stay away from Commander Riker look-alike man who was in love with Kelly. Highlights included the smoked salmon munchies. (Low-light for Kel, though.) Insert Wedding Crashers quote here:
Vince Vaughn as Jeremy Grey: Are you kidding me? I love crab cakes! They're phenomenal! Phenomenal finger food! These bacon-wrapped scallops - phenomenal! After the sampling and when our employed friends were threw with the whisky (more like the whisky was through), it was decided that Mike would be buying a bottle of champagne. So we joined in on the champagne - thanks Mike! Then another bottle of champagne was "needed" so Christian bought a bottle - thanks Christian! Kelly and I were feeling a bit greedy at this point but our working friends promised us that they had faith that I would "be a successful actress and buy champagne one day and Kelly would be....good at ...something one day and buy champagne" so they weren’t concerned! Next thing ya know - John, the Lounge singer says into the mic that a free bottle of champagne will be given to anyone who can come up and sing an acapella song for one minute. Before he could finish the sentence I was singing Bonnie Raitt’s “Let’s Give em Something to Talk About” and the next bottle of champagne was on me! Woo!
So – next bottle’s on you Kel!!
Last night Kelly and I attended a Queen's Alumni Whisky tasting party at some posh-looking-yet-we-knew-it-was-probably-sketchy hotel. There was a plethora of whiskeys to be sampled, which many of our friends did, but Kelly and I discovered we aren't big fans of the whisk'. I kept stealing the bottles of water from the whisky drinkers. I'm just THAT hard core. So we mostly hung out with Mike, Erik, Timmy W, new guy Scott, and Christian the Swede - and tried our best to stay away from Commander Riker look-alike man who was in love with Kelly. Highlights included the smoked salmon munchies. (Low-light for Kel, though.) Insert Wedding Crashers quote here:
Vince Vaughn as Jeremy Grey: Are you kidding me? I love crab cakes! They're phenomenal! Phenomenal finger food! These bacon-wrapped scallops - phenomenal! After the sampling and when our employed friends were threw with the whisky (more like the whisky was through), it was decided that Mike would be buying a bottle of champagne. So we joined in on the champagne - thanks Mike! Then another bottle of champagne was "needed" so Christian bought a bottle - thanks Christian! Kelly and I were feeling a bit greedy at this point but our working friends promised us that they had faith that I would "be a successful actress and buy champagne one day and Kelly would be....good at ...something one day and buy champagne" so they weren’t concerned! Next thing ya know - John, the Lounge singer says into the mic that a free bottle of champagne will be given to anyone who can come up and sing an acapella song for one minute. Before he could finish the sentence I was singing Bonnie Raitt’s “Let’s Give em Something to Talk About” and the next bottle of champagne was on me! Woo!
So – next bottle’s on you Kel!!

4 Comments:
Nice moves Bailey!!! Impressive!! We said this would be the year of Champagne so you're off to a good start!
Like I said last night - you're not kind of a big deal, but a huge deal!
Ahem....Well, all that time with Queen's Players was worth something after all!
Bahahahahaahahahahaahahahahaha.
-Juju
Post a Comment
<< Home