So there was a complaint today that I have been MIA from the blog. I have been studying for my exams (that start in less then a week) and so I failed to realize that my life hasn't been all dark - there has been some fun stuff in there too!
Spent most of my days studying and at the gym but the nights were a little more exciting. Here is a recap:
On Tuesday it was my friend Anna's bday and so we went for dinner at the World Food Cafe in Covent (finally Isha!) which is basically an organic restaurant that is also vegan and vegetarian friendly. Relax - don't go getting judgemental on me. It is actually really really great. It definitely fits with the health kick I am on. After dinner we went to see a political play "Breakfast with Mugabe". It was a 4 person show and actually quite amazing. The story is based on this commonly known Zimbabwean story of how President Mugabe was haunted by the ghosts of freedom fighters from the rebellion that the government had not properly paid tribute to. It was short, but the actors were fabulous and it broke some of the tension with some humour.
Wedenday night we took our flatties on a date to see the DaVinci Code. Won't get too into in case you haven't seen it, but I thought that it wasn't bad. I haven't read the book at all, so I thought that Dan Brown's story was interesting. The acting, directing, writing, etc left a little to be desired. (Note that I say all this as if I actually know. Although I saw a hint of it myself - I took a lot of it from others - haha). The best part had to be the boys though. They actually studied cinema design and so we had to sit 3/4 of the way back right in the middle. A lot of pressure as I had to stake out seats in the sold-out cinema. They then spent the whole previews debating what projectors the theatre was using. It was pretty entertaining.
Thursday night Emm, Mike and I went to see Les Mis. I had never seen it before and so I rather enjoyed it. It is not something that I would typically go and see but I am definitely glad that I can now say that I have seen it. We are sorta felt like we were in a bit of a surreal world though. The seats were by no means cheap, but for some reason it felt like we were at a baseball game. This one big group game in minutes before the start of the show and were their own comedy act. Instead of filing through the row, they managed to double up in seats and leave seats empty basically creating chaos. Because of this, two of them were left seatless and proceeded to stand at the front of the balcony for like 5 minutes while the show was on. Once that was sorted and we thought we were in the clear the antic continued. Mobiles were going off, people were getting up to go to the bathroom, it was unreal. The highlight had to be the young guy at the end of the row who apparently got a funny text and proceeded to show it to his friends for like five minutes. Reminder: mobiles emit light. This can be seen by everyone when you are in a dark theatre. It was entertaining.
Last night Emma and I watched the Season 2 finale of Lost. Wow. Enough said.
Spent most of my days studying and at the gym but the nights were a little more exciting. Here is a recap:
On Tuesday it was my friend Anna's bday and so we went for dinner at the World Food Cafe in Covent (finally Isha!) which is basically an organic restaurant that is also vegan and vegetarian friendly. Relax - don't go getting judgemental on me. It is actually really really great. It definitely fits with the health kick I am on. After dinner we went to see a political play "Breakfast with Mugabe". It was a 4 person show and actually quite amazing. The story is based on this commonly known Zimbabwean story of how President Mugabe was haunted by the ghosts of freedom fighters from the rebellion that the government had not properly paid tribute to. It was short, but the actors were fabulous and it broke some of the tension with some humour.
Wedenday night we took our flatties on a date to see the DaVinci Code. Won't get too into in case you haven't seen it, but I thought that it wasn't bad. I haven't read the book at all, so I thought that Dan Brown's story was interesting. The acting, directing, writing, etc left a little to be desired. (Note that I say all this as if I actually know. Although I saw a hint of it myself - I took a lot of it from others - haha). The best part had to be the boys though. They actually studied cinema design and so we had to sit 3/4 of the way back right in the middle. A lot of pressure as I had to stake out seats in the sold-out cinema. They then spent the whole previews debating what projectors the theatre was using. It was pretty entertaining.
Thursday night Emm, Mike and I went to see Les Mis. I had never seen it before and so I rather enjoyed it. It is not something that I would typically go and see but I am definitely glad that I can now say that I have seen it. We are sorta felt like we were in a bit of a surreal world though. The seats were by no means cheap, but for some reason it felt like we were at a baseball game. This one big group game in minutes before the start of the show and were their own comedy act. Instead of filing through the row, they managed to double up in seats and leave seats empty basically creating chaos. Because of this, two of them were left seatless and proceeded to stand at the front of the balcony for like 5 minutes while the show was on. Once that was sorted and we thought we were in the clear the antic continued. Mobiles were going off, people were getting up to go to the bathroom, it was unreal. The highlight had to be the young guy at the end of the row who apparently got a funny text and proceeded to show it to his friends for like five minutes. Reminder: mobiles emit light. This can be seen by everyone when you are in a dark theatre. It was entertaining.
Last night Emma and I watched the Season 2 finale of Lost. Wow. Enough said.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home