Minus the 12 days it took me to get to Canada from London, including the 3 hours in a hotel in Toronto, I arrived in Banff Friday morning to catch the groom-to-be eating breakfast. It was raining so golf was cancelled that day but I did the hotel rounds and caught a glimpse of all the Baileys as we prepared for the evening.
Friday night was the rehearsal dinner hosted by Dr and Mrs B and we all had a nice dinner and then were met by all the New York, Sweden, UK, STurgeon, ST. ALbert, Edmonton, Calgary, Gibbons, and Bon Accord crowd! (I'm sure there were more...) Friday we partied like rock stars in anticipation of the wedding.
Saturday was the wedding day. I think I started crying around 9am. The church service was at 4 and the bride and groom looked great! It was a lovely service. We then headed to the Rim Rock in Banff for the dinner. Each table was named after an Oiler from the 80s (we sat at Craig Simpson's table) and each guest had a NY taxi cab with their name on it (mine had a funny smell). A great touch! Jill's brothers gave a speech and made several Oilers references which made me stand up in my chair and hoot and holler. (Hey, just 'cause Im in a dress don't mean I ain't gotta represent me Oilers!!) Then the Bailey sibs gave a speech too and it went well. I got to make an Anchorman refernece for James so I was pleased!
Then.....the dance floor started. Correction - the music started with Usher and the Baileys started the dance floor. We also ended it. ALl of us. I don't think we left it once. The high-light, or perhaps low-light, I'm not sure, was when the last song came on "let's get it on" and James' new bride was dancing with her brother so James grabbed me and we slow danced. AFter a few minutes of us slow-dancing and James singing LETS GET IT ON at the top of his lungs, he says to me "Uhh...this is awkward." HAHAHAH It will be a memory.
Best wedding ever. Now back in Ed getting not so great reviews but standing ovations. WHat the heck is that all about???
Kel - whats going on with the AIDS conf???
Friday night was the rehearsal dinner hosted by Dr and Mrs B and we all had a nice dinner and then were met by all the New York, Sweden, UK, STurgeon, ST. ALbert, Edmonton, Calgary, Gibbons, and Bon Accord crowd! (I'm sure there were more...) Friday we partied like rock stars in anticipation of the wedding.
Saturday was the wedding day. I think I started crying around 9am. The church service was at 4 and the bride and groom looked great! It was a lovely service. We then headed to the Rim Rock in Banff for the dinner. Each table was named after an Oiler from the 80s (we sat at Craig Simpson's table) and each guest had a NY taxi cab with their name on it (mine had a funny smell). A great touch! Jill's brothers gave a speech and made several Oilers references which made me stand up in my chair and hoot and holler. (Hey, just 'cause Im in a dress don't mean I ain't gotta represent me Oilers!!) Then the Bailey sibs gave a speech too and it went well. I got to make an Anchorman refernece for James so I was pleased!
Then.....the dance floor started. Correction - the music started with Usher and the Baileys started the dance floor. We also ended it. ALl of us. I don't think we left it once. The high-light, or perhaps low-light, I'm not sure, was when the last song came on "let's get it on" and James' new bride was dancing with her brother so James grabbed me and we slow danced. AFter a few minutes of us slow-dancing and James singing LETS GET IT ON at the top of his lungs, he says to me "Uhh...this is awkward." HAHAHAH It will be a memory.
Best wedding ever. Now back in Ed getting not so great reviews but standing ovations. WHat the heck is that all about???
Kel - whats going on with the AIDS conf???

5 Comments:
Kel - we've had over 10 000 hits!!!!!
Are we really that cool or does alberta bound need some more hobbies???
I check your blog about 18 times a day. I am serious. I'll probably check back in about 2 minutes, to make sure my comment is up. So do something within the next two minutes. Or I'll just keep checking.
Kelly has also had 10,000 hits.
9,950 of them are mine. I do need to get a life.
HEH what about the MacPhails????? PS there is a good review on the website as of yesterday. What are they saying that is bad Emm? I cannot access those ones.
Blah, blah, blah! Just had to add something!
Post a Comment
<< Home