Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Living it up in London!




Emma and I decided the spend her last day in London checking off some of the touristy things on our list. We headed to Kensington Palace to see Princess Diana's last official photo shoot that was done for Vanity Fair. I was obviously in heaven. Emma was equally pleased to find herself in the very palace that her royal idol, 'Vicky', was born and raised until she ascended to the crown. It was awesome.



We then headed to the beautiful Albert Memorial that Vic errected in honour of her hubby. She sure did love him! (Note that the above picture is merely a corner of the memorial. This thing is massive. This corner though represents 'America' which I thought was cool)



Finally we went to the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain and spent some time cooling off.

Now Emma is gone. I am left to hold down the fort alone. Sad day. Thank goodness Gord (a good friend from Queen's) arrives tomorrow and we head to Edinburgh to see Future Memory in the Fringe on Friday morning.

I don't think that Emma has access to internet yet, but I thought I should send a clear message of our expectation that she keep us updated!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

forgot to mention that our new flatmate moved in last night! she is really really nice and a great addition even if she is my 'replacement'.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Kelly. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday. We are staying at the Glasshouse. We arrive around noon. I think that we will pass on the tatoo. We only have 3 days in town and will likley just hang out and watch the crazy fringe things on the street. Also just remember there is no replacement for you. Hugs!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Emm said...

SUCH a fun day, Kellarious!!!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home