Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Kel, last weekend was so much fun!! The blog pics do not summarize it enough!!! I am super excited about a review right now so am gonna post it!

GIRL IN BOX REVIEW****(4 Stars!!!)
Bubbles and incest. Used without due care and attention, these two things could easily spoil a play. Luckily, the cast of "Girl in Box" use them both wisely. Bubbles work nicely as an image to sum up the play; fragile, enclosed and innocent worlds which burst long-ago. Like the bubbles, the incest was light and short-lived. Exploring themes of memory and power, the Future Memory group have created strong piece of mixed drama, using touched of physical theatre and interaction with the audience to keep it exciting. Though the stand-out performances came from the two female roles, one ridiculous and one natural, the whole group had great belief in what they were portraying. "Girl in Box" is bubbly, but not frothy. ~ Three Weeks, Edinburgh

Oh yeah...uhh...the show is about incest!

Only a few more sleeps til we are both home in Canada!!!!! Yeah Wedding! Yeah...AIDS!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this not a proud Mom moment? It sure is for me!!!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Agreed Mother of the Groom - AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't believe the wedding is this weekend!!!!!! I can't wait for the pics!

Emma it was definitely the best weekend. So much fun. You're right, the pics don't do it justice but nothing really can. It was just that good.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that's an amazing review! and 30 - 40 in the audience per show...500% more than expected...Fantastic!
I'm so proud of you Emm & can hardly wait to hear all about it in person!
Have a safe flight - see you at the BBQ!
Love xoxoxo

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

last comment wasn't from anonymous - oops - it was from "your biggest fan"!!!!!!!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was waiting for that review. Even if they didn't get all of the good parts they sure knew how to rate it. Bart and I are thrilled. Also we think the review in the SS blog may have captured it even better. See you sooo soon.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home