Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Best-slash-Worst Day of My life

On Monday night, Mom Bailey and Ann-Louise came to Stammy B for Kelly and Emma's Playoff Party. We had snacks. And more snacks. We all stayed up until 1am when the puck dropped. Except Ann Louise. She cheered in her sleep!!! We were all nervous, had the game on the big screen tv, jersey on, all anxious to see how it would unfold.

The Edmonton Oilers were in Game Seven of the Stanley Cup Finals. Gives me chills just saying it.

We all had our pre-game methods...

and some people were so nervous they could hardly watch....


at 4am the game ended. We were sad, but proud of the Oilers. They were the 8th place team and made it to game seven of the playoffs! That is an AMAZING accomplishment. We had so much fun watching the playoffs overseas - texting and emailing everyone - so thank you Oilers for so much fun! Bring the cup home next year!!!!

I love you Smytty!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

The shout-out to Smytty should be WAY louder then that. Please!!

It was a great night and although the cup isn't in Edmonton, there are so many positive and wonderful things to be proud of as a fan!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record....ONLY slept through the second period. Was totally with the team for the first and third. The chips saved me!!! Thanks Barb and Emm!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done sports sisters daughters. Way to host a party! Also great shot of the London ladies. Have a great rest of the week. I really should have taken that sick week. The sports desk guy cried all through todays sports news whining "what can't we have an eighth game of the Stanley cup finals!!!! Cheers

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lovey London Ladies sure look like they are having a great time! I wish I was there. Ebizz, post some more photos.

jbooks, pls note that I have included you in the "lovely," although it is only based upon your past performances, not the sofa picture posted here. ;)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Emm said...

I LOVE YOU SMYTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Better?

6:51 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Much.

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very hard to say, but I heard it from Kevin Lowe's mouth...Chris Pronger wants to be traded. Why? Doesn't he realise how lucky he is to have the chance to play for Edmonton?? I feel ill.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

His wifes from St.Louis and they dont find Edmonton "liveable".
How rude! Thats a straight shot to his fans, you know, the ones that cheered him on so proudly all season.
Hate to break it to ya, but they actually had their house in Edmonton sold before the playoffs even ended!

The only good thing about this is that we are DEFINITLY going to get someone damn worth our money for him- cant wait to see who!

Also Emm- need to meet up on MSN soon so I can fill you in on the "other side" of the Bertuzzi/Auld/Allen/Luongo trade story!

Ju-ju

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try living in St Louis for a while and you too will be crazy. It is boring and ugly and has rivers that flood. The poor girl cannot help herself. Cannot wait to see who you get for him. Heh what about we give you Domi and you give us Pronger? Domi is really cute!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home