THAT WAS THE BEST TIME.
This has definitely been a great weekend - definitely one for the books. Here is a recap of our fun.
My birthday on Friday was awesome. Wrote my fourth exam (the end of 4 exams in 7 days) in the morning which went really well and then headed for a little post-exam celebration and birthday fun to one of my favourite restaurants in Covent Garden. Then Isha, Anna and I hit up Oxford Circus for some serious shopping. Oxford Circus always reminds me just how many tourists are in this city everyday of the year. It is actually insane - just wall-to-wall people. Although I was unsuccessful in the mission, the girls both lucked out with some classy purchases! Then Friday night I had a dinner date with Emma at the best wood-fired pizza place in London and was so happily surprised to have Anna and Isha there to join us! It was a really nice day and night - thank you everyone for your birthday wishes and joining me in celebration!
Saturday was the day we had MUCH anticipated: our birthday party and the arrival of Emma's friends Farris (Matt) and Glenn. As an added bonus, my Aunt Tracy was flying through London on route to Russia and so I had the chance to meet her in the morning for breakfast and a really great chat. It was soooo nice to see her. She also brought very exciting news with her (see further along in the post).
The night couldn't have been any better. Jenna came down to join us for the party, we got all dressed up, enjoyed some afternoon Coronas with our Pad Thai and hit up the Loop for a night of dancing and good laughs. Highlights included: British classic dance songs (also known as Dance Mix '93-'96), our excellent booth location that provided the perfect place for a break from the dance floor and being surrounded by all our friends for a really great night - thanks everyone! The only one downer to the evening was around midnight when the dance floor turned into an absolute meat market with a high ratio of lonely, drunk men. At first it was funny, but funny soon turned into scary and we decided that it was probably time to call it a night. The perfect ending to the perfect night was being home just in time to watch the Oilers beat Carolina in game 3.
Today was a nice little Sunday. The boys headed to Hyde Park to explore and Jenna, Emma and I went to the gym for a very good work-out. Cut to now where we have ordered delivery for dinner and are watching the Mexico-Iran World Cup game. Go Mexico!
In some completely unrelated but SUPER exciting news (and the good news mentioned above), my Aunt has given me her airmile points to go to the International AIDS Conference in Toronto in August. I had originally applied for funding from the Conference and GSK, but was unsuccessful so I kinda decided to give up hope. But this week my Mom and Aunt were chatting and decided that this was something that was super important for my future (dare I say career) and so decided that I should be there. I am so excited. It is the biggest international AIDS conference with more then 20,000 people in attendance working in all facets of the HIV/AIDS community. It is going to be an absolutely fabulous opportunity and I am so so grateful to be so lucky!
For party pics check out: http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=va9ya91.p6cnd3h&Uy=5kcxjn&Ux=1
This has definitely been a great weekend - definitely one for the books. Here is a recap of our fun.
My birthday on Friday was awesome. Wrote my fourth exam (the end of 4 exams in 7 days) in the morning which went really well and then headed for a little post-exam celebration and birthday fun to one of my favourite restaurants in Covent Garden. Then Isha, Anna and I hit up Oxford Circus for some serious shopping. Oxford Circus always reminds me just how many tourists are in this city everyday of the year. It is actually insane - just wall-to-wall people. Although I was unsuccessful in the mission, the girls both lucked out with some classy purchases! Then Friday night I had a dinner date with Emma at the best wood-fired pizza place in London and was so happily surprised to have Anna and Isha there to join us! It was a really nice day and night - thank you everyone for your birthday wishes and joining me in celebration!
Saturday was the day we had MUCH anticipated: our birthday party and the arrival of Emma's friends Farris (Matt) and Glenn. As an added bonus, my Aunt Tracy was flying through London on route to Russia and so I had the chance to meet her in the morning for breakfast and a really great chat. It was soooo nice to see her. She also brought very exciting news with her (see further along in the post).
The night couldn't have been any better. Jenna came down to join us for the party, we got all dressed up, enjoyed some afternoon Coronas with our Pad Thai and hit up the Loop for a night of dancing and good laughs. Highlights included: British classic dance songs (also known as Dance Mix '93-'96), our excellent booth location that provided the perfect place for a break from the dance floor and being surrounded by all our friends for a really great night - thanks everyone! The only one downer to the evening was around midnight when the dance floor turned into an absolute meat market with a high ratio of lonely, drunk men. At first it was funny, but funny soon turned into scary and we decided that it was probably time to call it a night. The perfect ending to the perfect night was being home just in time to watch the Oilers beat Carolina in game 3.
Today was a nice little Sunday. The boys headed to Hyde Park to explore and Jenna, Emma and I went to the gym for a very good work-out. Cut to now where we have ordered delivery for dinner and are watching the Mexico-Iran World Cup game. Go Mexico!
In some completely unrelated but SUPER exciting news (and the good news mentioned above), my Aunt has given me her airmile points to go to the International AIDS Conference in Toronto in August. I had originally applied for funding from the Conference and GSK, but was unsuccessful so I kinda decided to give up hope. But this week my Mom and Aunt were chatting and decided that this was something that was super important for my future (dare I say career) and so decided that I should be there. I am so excited. It is the biggest international AIDS conference with more then 20,000 people in attendance working in all facets of the HIV/AIDS community. It is going to be an absolutely fabulous opportunity and I am so so grateful to be so lucky!
For party pics check out: http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=va9ya91.p6cnd3h&Uy=5kcxjn&Ux=1

3 Comments:
Kelly well done. I so admire your ambition to better our world. Bart and I applaud you. Do you have a place to stay? There is an apartment in our building that rents for $75.00 a night so it is a real deal. We need lots of lead time so let me know. Cheers!
Thanks for the photos. What fun to be able to see them so soon. And see you soon!
Thanks for the vote of confidence D&B. Actually one of our besties (who is coming to visit in less then two weeks) lives in Toronto and has offered to take me in for the week that I am there. The conference centre is on her way to work in the morning too so it is perfect!
I am very excited for the big arrival this week!! I can't believe how fast this trip has come up but it will be great to have the three of you in London!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home