
Sorry I have been an absentee blogger lately. Things have been a little crazy lately. Spent the past weekend at Cumberland Lodge, which is basically some conference center type place that is rented out to students. It is on the Windsor royal compound and quite the estate. It was really, really fun.
We spent the weekend listening to various profs from the Social Policy department gives lectures on various topics and eating. Saturday we had free time in the afternoon and made the "long walk" to Windsor Castle. Of course we took the wrong way and a one hour walk turned into like two and a half which was enjoyable either way.

On Sunday the Lodge offered a church service at the Royal Chapel. I obviously jumped at the opportunity to be amongst royalty at Church and got up early, dressed up fancy and practiced my curtsy. Long story short, only half of the group got to go in because "the Queen was enroute and she cannot be upstaged" so the guards refused to let us in. Seeing as I was being denied, I decided to "not hear" the officer who was asking us to kindly remove ourselves as Lizzie pulled up. I figured that if I wasn't going to see her in the Chapel, I was definitely going to at least let her drive by me. And she did. Sitting all prim and proper being chauffered into the service. I still can't believe Lizzie drove by me. I was less then 10 feet away. It is great. I basically met the Queen. More or less...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home