Kate has now left London. Sad to see her leave – but we had the best week!!! When she arrived last Saturday in Brighton we headed straight to New Forest for camping with the Brighton crew.
Everyone was already there and had the meals, tents, and dominos all ready set up! Thank you so much for everyone’s planning of the weekend! We had fairly good weather, not too much rain, and this Canadian girl thought it was warm out (I’m not sure everyone agreed with me!) On Sunday morning, the Bailey girls and the Bermudez- Contreras boys went to “Adventure Camp” which was a blast! The pics are amazing! Monday we drove to Stonehenge and then Kate and I separated from the group to visit Oxford.
In Oxford we were hosted by Kate’s friend Sarah and her husband Jamie! They are both teaching at Oxford and showed us an amazing time.
We saw most of the colleges which were beautiful including Sarah and Jamie's graduate colleges, ate breakfast in the halls of Keble college (thank Jamie!), Christchurch college (where the inspiration for the dining hall of Harry Potter came from and the writer of Alice in Wonderland got some of his ideas, including a small rabbit hole where the real Alice would go through after dinner), Bill Clinton's old residence which was on the street formerly named Groupe Street, Blackwells - the largest bookstore in Britain, and many young students in blazers holding books. Kate and I debated buying blazers and books just to fit in, but apparently if you walk around in your workout clothes after your run that works too!!! Thank to S and J for hosting us!!! Oxford was great for Bailey Senior and Bailey Junior!
We were back in London Wednesday night to see
"The Proposition" with Guy Pearce. It was heavy - but good. Go see it if you like violence. Jenna joined us on Thursday and we dropped it like it was hot shopping for potential wedding dresses. (Not what you are thinking…for SISTERS of the groom!) Jenna found one she liked but Kate and I will have to continue our search… Then Kate and I attended the play “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” with Christian Slater! It was really good!! There was A LOT of giggling when Slats came out in just a towel. Gues which one of us??
On Friday the Bailey girls attended an art exhibition of Jack Vettriano (http://www.portlandgallery.com/index.php?page=jackvettriano), went to a Bodies exhibition (http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/)
of preserved skinless human bodies, were joined by Eddy for “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolff?” with Kathleen Turner and Bill Irwin, and then headed to the American Bar for drinks (beers and lemonades), dancing (BEP and Pussycat Dolls), and the hockey game. Game started at 12am and at 3am, after the first overtime, we were kicked out – the last people to leave the bar. We jumped in a cab hoping to make it home in time for the next OT. As we were walking in the door, I got a text message from my PST Oilers friend informing of the goal. Oh well, it was a great day!!! Hmmm…something else happened on Friday….hmm…OH YEAH! KELLY CAME HOME!!! WOOOO!!! IT’S GOOD TO HAVE HER BACK!!!
Saturday I had rehearsal so I missed the lunch by the Thames but I was back in time for “The Inside Man” and some tapas and wine!! Kate left this morning and I am now suffering from post-trip blues. It was so great to have you Katie!!! Good luck in your upcoming marathon #2!!!
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=14hr3na8.rxii00w&Uy=-omvngg&Ux=1
Everyone was already there and had the meals, tents, and dominos all ready set up! Thank you so much for everyone’s planning of the weekend! We had fairly good weather, not too much rain, and this Canadian girl thought it was warm out (I’m not sure everyone agreed with me!) On Sunday morning, the Bailey girls and the Bermudez- Contreras boys went to “Adventure Camp” which was a blast! The pics are amazing! Monday we drove to Stonehenge and then Kate and I separated from the group to visit Oxford.In Oxford we were hosted by Kate’s friend Sarah and her husband Jamie! They are both teaching at Oxford and showed us an amazing time.
We saw most of the colleges which were beautiful including Sarah and Jamie's graduate colleges, ate breakfast in the halls of Keble college (thank Jamie!), Christchurch college (where the inspiration for the dining hall of Harry Potter came from and the writer of Alice in Wonderland got some of his ideas, including a small rabbit hole where the real Alice would go through after dinner), Bill Clinton's old residence which was on the street formerly named Groupe Street, Blackwells - the largest bookstore in Britain, and many young students in blazers holding books. Kate and I debated buying blazers and books just to fit in, but apparently if you walk around in your workout clothes after your run that works too!!! Thank to S and J for hosting us!!! Oxford was great for Bailey Senior and Bailey Junior!We were back in London Wednesday night to see
"The Proposition" with Guy Pearce. It was heavy - but good. Go see it if you like violence. Jenna joined us on Thursday and we dropped it like it was hot shopping for potential wedding dresses. (Not what you are thinking…for SISTERS of the groom!) Jenna found one she liked but Kate and I will have to continue our search… Then Kate and I attended the play “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” with Christian Slater! It was really good!! There was A LOT of giggling when Slats came out in just a towel. Gues which one of us??On Friday the Bailey girls attended an art exhibition of Jack Vettriano (http://www.portlandgallery.com/index.php?page=jackvettriano), went to a Bodies exhibition (http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/)
of preserved skinless human bodies, were joined by Eddy for “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolff?” with Kathleen Turner and Bill Irwin, and then headed to the American Bar for drinks (beers and lemonades), dancing (BEP and Pussycat Dolls), and the hockey game. Game started at 12am and at 3am, after the first overtime, we were kicked out – the last people to leave the bar. We jumped in a cab hoping to make it home in time for the next OT. As we were walking in the door, I got a text message from my PST Oilers friend informing of the goal. Oh well, it was a great day!!! Hmmm…something else happened on Friday….hmm…OH YEAH! KELLY CAME HOME!!! WOOOO!!! IT’S GOOD TO HAVE HER BACK!!!Saturday I had rehearsal so I missed the lunch by the Thames but I was back in time for “The Inside Man” and some tapas and wine!! Kate left this morning and I am now suffering from post-trip blues. It was so great to have you Katie!!! Good luck in your upcoming marathon #2!!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=14hr3na8.rxii00w&Uy=-omvngg&Ux=1

1 Comments:
I don't remember a camera...
Post a Comment
<< Home