Tuesday, April 11, 2006

ATTENTION BLOGGERS! WHAT'S MY NAME???

No, seriously, what's my name?

I found out today that I may need to change my name for career purposes. It seems there is another Emma Bailey and until I figure out if she's prettier than me, I need to brainstorm different names that I can be FOREVER known as. This is where YOU come in. I need ideas and votes. Here is how it works:

1. Middle initials are NOT allowed. Sorry Michael J. Fox.
2. The name can only include first and last name but hyphens are allowed.
3. Emma Leigh is taken.
4. I think that is it.

So here are some of the ideas already. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE suggest more and let me know which ones you like or don't like. I may need to make this decision soon. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

a) Emma-Leigh Bailey
b) Emma Leigh-Bailey
c) Emm Bailey
d) Emma Bail
e) Emma Baileigh
f) Jennifer Haniston*
g) ???? any more ideas???

Ok, bloggers, show us your true colours....

*Sorry, this is not a joke. Joke names will not be helpful!

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote Emm Bailey....i think it sounds sexy

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too like Emm Bailey. I am sorry Emma Leigh is gone - I always thought that would be a great stage name for you. Maybe Emma Lee? Emma Baillie.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E - the above is me.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think (a) is the only right answer.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our first reaction was Emm Bailey....I like it the best out of those options...but we will try and think of some more.
Anita & Luke

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Emm Bailey!

Emma Baileigh is very creative, so points for that one too.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma Craig
Emma Ovens
Emma Hodgson

All of the above would work well...

MC

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma, neice of Barbara. Is it taken? Emma that's my neice Bailey? Also gone?

I only can truly vote for a) It is you and it trips off the tongue perfectly. People will think it is Emily and them remember that it is not etc.

PS the other jerky Emma Bailey CANNOT be prettier!!!!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I am thinking: What about Emma Burgess or Emma Monroe. These are nannie's names. I love the Monroe one. It has the romantic thing happening. Emma Mac, leave off the Phail. No Emma Monroe or Emma Leigh-Bailey.... I will keep thinking.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Emm said...

If it is Emma Leigh-Bailey then my last name starts with "L".

If it is Emma-Leigh Bailey, then my last name is Bailey. I like this one better.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

So I like Emm Bailey. I do. I am just worried that Emm sounds too much like ummm. We don't need anyone to think that you are confused.

I was always a fan of Emma Leigh Bailey but we apparently cannot have more then two names in showbiz. (Sidenote that I think that this is false - hello Rachel Leigh Cook - damn Brits) I don't think that I am all over Emma-Leigh Bailey.

My vote is to track down Emma Bailey and revoke the name that is rightfully yours. Apparently she is a make-up artists whose credits include Alexander (2004) end of list. Does she know that you are kinda a big deal? Please.

If not my vote is A, C or F. Who doesn't love Jennifer Haniston??

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly - Good work on the research. Can you imagine having to register your name because you are a make-up artist?!

Barb - way to think outside the box. I like your thinking, although I wouldn't go with Monroe. Too Marilyn.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Books likes Emm Bailey because he thinks you might turn into Elle McPherson. I agree that the hyphen should join the E and L part and keep Bailey as the last name.

Alternatively there is Emma Duncan as in Scottie's real first name. I will stay with it.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma James? Not that we need another James in the family...

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma Ryan

Emma Leigh (kinda cool, sounds like Emily, a one name stage name)

Emma Sturgeon

Emmi Bailey

I'll think about it tonight. Call me if you want.
Ju-Ju

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emma,
I will brainstorm tonight & I have asked Wade's friends from PR to brainstorm for me! They are usually good at stuff like that so I am hoping I can help you out.
So far of the other suggestions I like Emma Lee or Emma Leigh are my favorites!
Lisa

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emma,
Here are the brainstorm suggestions I have received so far:
Ella Bailey
Lola Bailey
Lia Bailey
Emma Barber
Lilly Jackson
Alina Reisling
Angelina Zeta-Jones
I will hopefully have more for tomorrow!
Lisa

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm ok

Emm - easy to say, pronounce and remember

Baileigh- has style, class and culture and is truly your own last name just spelt out in gaelic.

Middle names- hmm see below:

Emm Saorla Baileigh (Saorla=Queen? drama queen- what???)
Emm Seana Baileigh

Thats all I got- good luck

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All great ideas:)
I think that Emily Bailey would work better than Emma-Leigh just for ease of spelling in the gossip rags - they sound exactly the same & you could still keep the nickname Emm
... and I really like Emma Baileigh ... but if I had my choice I'd go with changing your first name spelling rather than the last. Of course, one of these days you might end up hyphenating your husband's name - so let's keep the hyphens down to a dull roar:)

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emma Em, they'll think you're a rapper movie star

12:49 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I know hey Red Leader. What is that all about?? Plus she only shows up as the first four listing and then it switches to Emma Fraser on google.ca, .com, and .co.uk... She is clearly not going to be missed.

Emm you could always go back to your Irish roots and tack a silent 'gh' to the end of Emma (Emmagh). Although I am sure that there would be some real ignant people that would try to pronounce it. Not gonna take credit for that one though. That was all Mama Steele.

I kinda like Emma Baileigh. Kinda keeping it real. Er.

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretty serious about this actually. I have been locked in a room studying public law for 14 hours, so I am not in a joking mood.

I really like Emm Bailey. I think that's the absolute best choice, not only because it sounds good, but also because it pretty much IS your name, just a modification that makes you different.

Am I still here?

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Emma Lee.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got it....EMMA SMYTH.

How funny would that be, explaining your choice of name on A and E biography.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I just can't wait for the E True Hollywood Story. Five years I have been saving up. You better take me to a prestigious awards show or else there Bailey.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emma,
Couple more brain storms:
Leigh Bailey
Emily Bailey
Bailey Emm

I will probably have a couple more from my brainstorming team yet today.
My advice is go with your gut - make sure you don't let anyone sway your decision becuase you have to live with this name!
I think if you are trying to stay as close to your name as possible I vote e or Emily Bailey.
Lisa

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is time to remake the list. Include Emma-Leigh Bailey, Emm Bailey, Emma Duncan and others. Then we can have a relook at what you will consider and try again. Sorry to be so practical.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did some more brainstorming last night... some are not very practical, but fun!

Emma Oil?
Emma Ice?
Emi Hailey?
Emma Cooper?
Emma Easton?
Emi Marvelone?

Did you ever have a pet? Like a dog? What was his name? A street name?

What about Emma Eyelbee
(Emma E-L-B)

-Juju

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did some more brainstorming last night... some are not very practical, but fun!

Emma Oil?
Emma Ice?
Emi Hailey?
Emma Cooper?
Emma Easton?
Emi Marvelone?

Did you ever have a pet? Like a dog? What was his name? A street name?

What about Emma Eyelbee
(Emma E-L-B)

-Juju

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more to think about:
Bailey Jones

Lisa

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home