Steeler,
Yesterday, while you were interviewing, I went to Alton Towers with some mates from Uni. Alton Towers (www.altontowers.com/themepark) is similar to Canada's Wonderland, and although I am not much for rides I decided to go. I blame my FOMO. (Fear of missing out.)
I was up at 5am so we could get there before the gates opened. At 5am, rollercoasters are the LAST thing you want to think about! It was really fun though when. I did the really scary rides at the
beginning (930-11am) when there were no lines and then I started getting sick(11:03am) so I became the designated mom and held jackets and sat in the shade(11:04am). Had some great conversations with other moms as we waited for our respective children(11:06am-12:59pm). I will be a very good mom (uhh..TBA). After lunch (1-1:30pm)we hit up the water rides. I pulled short straw and had to sit in the front of the boat ergo being the only one who got remotely wet (1:35-2:49pm). I was drenched and hypothermic for the rest of the day at the park (2:50-5:45pm). But it was worth it!!
Lowlight = waiting in line for 2 hours for the NEW WILLY WONKA RIDE and sitting in a boat looking at cardboard cut outs from the book. Booooo.
Highlight = the scary rides I decided to do.
Lowlight = going to bed with the spins.
Rick tried to send me better pics of the day, you know, that actually show us on the rides, but Toshibai was acting up. I'll be in touch.
Got into London late and met Leona for some Pad Thai and CSI. This morning I had a future memory meeting and am now off to a voice lesson. It is a beautiful day here. I was hot in my spring jacket. FACT.
Any good stories for me?
Bizzle.
Yesterday, while you were interviewing, I went to Alton Towers with some mates from Uni. Alton Towers (www.altontowers.com/themepark) is similar to Canada's Wonderland, and although I am not much for rides I decided to go. I blame my FOMO. (Fear of missing out.)
I was up at 5am so we could get there before the gates opened. At 5am, rollercoasters are the LAST thing you want to think about! It was really fun though when. I did the really scary rides at the
beginning (930-11am) when there were no lines and then I started getting sick(11:03am) so I became the designated mom and held jackets and sat in the shade(11:04am). Had some great conversations with other moms as we waited for our respective children(11:06am-12:59pm). I will be a very good mom (uhh..TBA). After lunch (1-1:30pm)we hit up the water rides. I pulled short straw and had to sit in the front of the boat ergo being the only one who got remotely wet (1:35-2:49pm). I was drenched and hypothermic for the rest of the day at the park (2:50-5:45pm). But it was worth it!!Lowlight = waiting in line for 2 hours for the NEW WILLY WONKA RIDE and sitting in a boat looking at cardboard cut outs from the book. Booooo.
Highlight = the scary rides I decided to do.
Lowlight = going to bed with the spins.
Rick tried to send me better pics of the day, you know, that actually show us on the rides, but Toshibai was acting up. I'll be in touch.
Got into London late and met Leona for some Pad Thai and CSI. This morning I had a future memory meeting and am now off to a voice lesson. It is a beautiful day here. I was hot in my spring jacket. FACT.
Any good stories for me?
Bizzle.

3 Comments:
No good stories but some concern that Sports Sister has lost it. Since I find no coverage of the alleged curling event that she is attending, I am beginning to wonder of she just makes them up. I can see her with laptop on knee staring at the empty ice composing stories between naps. The worst of it is her friends seem to buy in to it as well and attend with her. She was always rather persuasive. Enough said. Way to hang in their Emm. Survival without the Kelly girl is not easy. IT'S SNOWING HERE TODAY! Cheers.
D and B - since Sports Sister hasn't been text messaging you with Curling updates, try this site. It has been my reference all week.
http://www.worldcurling.org/Curlhome/Results/Common/rStandings.asp?tid=226&draw=-1&round=-2
Canada 6 and 3. In third place with US and Scotland tied for first. Nervous. Our lovely, sweet guys don't have the killer instinct needed. Many, many sweet and lovely Quebecers here in full red regalia - all matching Team Canada jackets and t-shirts with darling children in matching fleeces with scarves with the maple leaf on them. I could not have dressed everyone better myself. A busload of 48 in all matching clothes arrived on Monday to cheer the boys on and they won four in a row. They left yesterday and we lost last night. There might be another bus or two arriving today or tomorrow if the boys get in the playoffs. It's a five or six hour drive.
Merle and I are learning all the songs for next time. With the accent on the "da" as is Go, Can - a - DA. I did my "Oh ya, oh ya" the other day and they were very grateful and impressed. Still, we do not have hope. We think we will be cheering for Scotland come Sunday. At least we know the words to that.
Next time I am coming with my own personal Palm Treo. I will set up my own blog and blog from the arena thrice daily. I have it all figured out now. Just have to buy the stuff and set up the blog. Am planning the photo for the home page.
Go, Can - a - DA!
Post a Comment
<< Home