Sunday, March 12, 2006

This weekend in L-diggity:

Friday was show day. This means that the week before the show Emma goes crazy and becomes almost unbearable to live with. Keyword: almost. But Kel is a pro at dealing with this Emma. Kelly just sits by her computer doing work as Emma sulks into the house, then five minutes later runs into Kelly's room and manages to summarize her whole day in two minutes speaking at wharf speed. Emma then declares that she is going to bed - usually leaving Kelly mid-sentence dragging her limbs to her room which is only a few steps away. Within the next five minutes, Emma will return with something else to bother Kelly with - perhaps a monologue from a famous movie or an interpretive dance to African drum music that may or may not be playing. Again, Kelly patiently sits as Emma decomposes mentally. Alas! The terrible-twosome has survived show week.

Friday went really well - had tons of fun and was pleased with the performances - good crowds and good laughs. Had 2 dress rehearsals in the morning and a matinee and evening show! The Cassidy’s (in London for the weekend), Edgar and Jenna (in London for the night) and Kelly (in London…indefinitely) came to see it!! Thanks for coming guys!



Saturday we had a "lay-in", made Canadian pancakes and maple syrup, and headed to Burrough Market to show Anita and Gail the world famous brownies and fill up on free cheese samples!!! Mmmmm…cheese. In the evening Kelly, Mike and I were planning on going to see a film but there was a mix-up with time ...cough cough...so we ate at the British attempt at the Lone Star and had Daqs, Nachos and Chicken Fa-jee-tas. I believe it's Fa-jee-tas or Fa-hee-tas. It might be a soft J. This was then followed by drinks at the Australian bar the Walkabout.

I then peeled off to go to a Uni party - that ended at 5am in Camden. Mommy's tired. Mommy needs a nap.

It's Sunday - and Kel and I are invading the living room, computers on lap, MSNing each other, dreaming about the Homeland, also known as Ireland!!!!

Kel, anything to add?

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Only one thing to add. Not only have we taken over the living room today, we have also cornered in our flat mate in who, after sitting with us for a couple hours, said: "Wait a minute. Are you guys MSNing each other while you are in the same room?" I think he may have lost some respect for us... Maybe. I'm over it. We signed the lease for another 6 months anyways!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its Fajitas...and kudos to Kelly...I sure as hell wouldn't want that job...sitting next to Em at Oilers games is painful enough (ahem....I may want to use that hand Em, please break my kneecap instead...)

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Has anybody seen my sister?

8:34 PM  
Blogger Emm said...

Darbara - Alberta Bound is in Regina at the Brier. Probably eating popcorn surrounded by 97 year olds, napping between ends.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look like you've lost weight Bozo.

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home