Friday, March 03, 2006

And the trip comes to a close...


Scotland was amazing. Definitely the highlight of Shelley being here (for me at least). We got to Edinburgh Monday night, checked into our slightly sketchy hostel and headed to a little pizza place for dinner. We then had a couple of pints over a very intense Scrabble best two out of three match in a pub down the road.

Tuesday morning we may our way to the central part of old Edinburgh to meet up with our tour group for a bus trip to the Highlands. It was absolutely beautiful. We went all the way up to Loch Ness (with no sighting unfortunately) and back down. It was a great way to cover a big chunk of Scotland in 12 hours. By the time we got back to Edinburgh that night, we had just enough energy to eat and then head to bed.

Wednesday morning we had another early wake up, checked out of the hostel and headed out to tour the city. We started off by climbing Arthur's Seat, this huge mountain in the middle of the city. Although we thought we were going to die on the way up and are still paying for it now, it was well worth it. It looked out over the whole city. We eventually made our way down and walked all the way up the Royal Mile to Edinburgh Castle. I feel like I can say that I have seen a fair amount of castles lately and this one was definitely right up there. It was really really beautiful. After the castle, we headed to Princes Street (a shopping district) to see the Scotts Monument, and well, shop. By the mid afternoon we were beat and decided to make the slow trek back to the hostel to pick up our stuff and sit at a pub for a couple hours until we had to be at the airport.

Today Shelley and I finished up her shopping and she checked out the British Museum while I went to class. We then met up again, headed to Covent Garden and then grabbed a bite to eat before we went to see the Lion King. It was so amazing. We both really enjoyed it! We then headed home so she could pack and tomorrow she is off. I can hardly believe how quickly nine days have gone. It has been really good to have her here!!

You will notice that I only posted on pic, mostly because I included too many in the album below. Check them out!!


http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=va9ya91.10eh6t4d&Uy=r0v4tv&Ux=1

1 Comments:

Blogger Emm said...

Oh my gawd!!!!

The Kelly's parents DO love her!!!!

Yeah!!!! This is so exciting!!!!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home