Dear Emm,
My plan to update the blog by commenting to your letters was faulty. As 'Anonymous' has pointed out to me, full out posts are necessary for our faithful readers. Which proves it once and for all: They like me better then you.
Yes indeed, I am in Ottawa. Travelled back to 'our home and native land' last Wednesday night. I think the gentleman beside me wanted to off himself as sitting beside someone who is sick is not the most enjoyable way to spend 6 hours and 45 minutes. Luckily we both survived.
I've had a great couple of days since I have been home which included catching up with some friends (update sessions were long overdue with Bevy and Shell) and avoiding others (kidding). I was also one of two guests of honour (will always share that role with you Lavandre) at a welcome home P-A-R-T-Y hosted by Shelley. More importantly though, I have been WATCHING NHL hockey. Whole new world when you have the sound AND picture (Sorry Emm) All in all it has been fun. But now the real work begins.
Not to bore you with deets again Emm, but I guess it would make sense to explain why I am even in Ottawa. Maybe just as a reminder for you and a heads up to the readers! Basically my dissertation research is looking at how people living with HIV/AIDS cope with mental health illness and because there is a lack of pre-existing data, I have undertaken my own primary data collection. So starting tomorrow afternoon, I will be interviewing clients from two organizations that I am working with about mental health illness. I am really nervous and have a TON of work to do today but I am really looking forward to it. Fingers crossed that I keep it real. Er.
So, my apologies for not being better at posting (although I was commenting). I will keep it up but should warn you that I will be out of commission for a couple days as I decend on Kingston Thursday-Friday-Saturday for Tyler's bday and a little AMS reunion.
And the favourite blogger fo the year award goes to....
Sincerely,
Kelly
(Actually just Kelly would be fine)
My plan to update the blog by commenting to your letters was faulty. As 'Anonymous' has pointed out to me, full out posts are necessary for our faithful readers. Which proves it once and for all: They like me better then you.
Yes indeed, I am in Ottawa. Travelled back to 'our home and native land' last Wednesday night. I think the gentleman beside me wanted to off himself as sitting beside someone who is sick is not the most enjoyable way to spend 6 hours and 45 minutes. Luckily we both survived.
I've had a great couple of days since I have been home which included catching up with some friends (update sessions were long overdue with Bevy and Shell) and avoiding others (kidding). I was also one of two guests of honour (will always share that role with you Lavandre) at a welcome home P-A-R-T-Y hosted by Shelley. More importantly though, I have been WATCHING NHL hockey. Whole new world when you have the sound AND picture (Sorry Emm) All in all it has been fun. But now the real work begins.
Not to bore you with deets again Emm, but I guess it would make sense to explain why I am even in Ottawa. Maybe just as a reminder for you and a heads up to the readers! Basically my dissertation research is looking at how people living with HIV/AIDS cope with mental health illness and because there is a lack of pre-existing data, I have undertaken my own primary data collection. So starting tomorrow afternoon, I will be interviewing clients from two organizations that I am working with about mental health illness. I am really nervous and have a TON of work to do today but I am really looking forward to it. Fingers crossed that I keep it real. Er.
So, my apologies for not being better at posting (although I was commenting). I will keep it up but should warn you that I will be out of commission for a couple days as I decend on Kingston Thursday-Friday-Saturday for Tyler's bday and a little AMS reunion.
And the favourite blogger fo the year award goes to....
Sincerely,
Kelly
(Actually just Kelly would be fine)

4 Comments:
Dear Kel,
Had dinner at Yo! Sushi tonight wih Leona. It was great.
Am off at 530 am tomorrow to go to Alton Towers with Rick, Tash and Brods. Won't be able to send you a good luck email during the day but have fun with your interviews! You'll be great!
Bizz
Hi Kelly, Just wanted to say how much I admire your work. Here I had you at LSE learning how to run corporations when really you are doing something that is so important. As a part of the health care world I applaud you and wish you well. You will certainly learn alot from the people you speak with. Observing people coping with illness is a humbling experience. well done.
Thanks D & B! I really really needed to read the vote of confidence as my nerves are getting the best of me this morning!
Here we go!! Will keep you posted!
Lots of luck K....you'll be amazing, and I think you'll take a lot away from this experience. I think we're all very proud.....also, how GREAT is watching NHL Hockey LIVE....bet SOMEONE is jealous....
Post a Comment
<< Home