Sunday, May 07, 2006

Cartwright, Four?
On Friday, Kelly and I were going to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with the LSE crew by visiting a new Mexican restaurant that we heard was amazing...but didnt take reservations. Ahem. By the way - got a hot tip about 5 de May. It's a celebration celebrated by Mexico because in 1862 Mexico defeated the French army. I digress... Before the fiesta we stopped off in the City to see the special "Sultan's Elephant" that was visiting from France. It is a forty feet high and 42 tonne wooden puppet that walked the streets of London, spraying water at the audience, manipulated by 100 puppeteers, and followed by a band that played African dance music. Quite impressive. Especially when we all got sprayed and Kelly said "apparently the elephant doesn't realize that not everyone has naturally straight hair". I don't think she was impressed.
So we headed to the Mexican restaurant at 7pm, requested a table for 8 people under the name Kelly and waited outside in the sunshine with Coronas and tortilla chips to be called. Like in the Seinfeld episode where they waited for what seemed forever for a table at the Chinese restauarnt, we soon became disenchanted with the chips and beer and fading sunshine and our hunger and fatique set in. We desperatly waited for, "Kelly? 8?" but no dice. God help us at 930pm when we still hadn't eaten. We managed to stumble to a burger joint to feed all of us by 10pm but for some reason the fiesta fever we arrived with had left. Weird.
Saturday, we had another Canadian party to go to at Canada House. It was a "Mojito Mixer" but I don't think Kelly or I had a single mo-hee-to. Besides the VIP gambling, the dance-offs, and multiple wines - it was a fun night!!! Good to see some old friends like Coatesy - write that down. We spilled over to the American bar for some more late night dancing and so that Kelly could watch the boxing! hahahaha
This week is school projects and studying and tickets to see Billy Elliot the Musical. Not to mention Round Two in which we both are 0-1. Game 2 is this morning at 12 and 330am. Wish us luck!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Just less then 6 minutes left in the third and we are down 2-1. I am really concerned. Keep it positive. Good vibes boys. You can do it.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

But you didn't. We head to Buffalo down two games. Is it something I said? Did I do something different? No, no. I've been up for 19 hours straight. I must just be delerious. This is just a bad dream right? Of course the puck was on the line. Why wouldn't it be. Nice try Spezz. I need to sleep. I will regroup in the morning. Gotta prepare for the back-to-back Wed/Thurs,

2:39 AM  
Blogger Emm said...

Dude - Heres a heads up - back to back is HARD.

I think my eyes are bleeding.

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You girls are such troopers!!

I honestly think you girls are insane/super fans!

And Kel, he shoulda never gone 5 hole on that shot.. I have no freaking clue what he was thinking. Coulda had the game there. But.. thats Spezz..

Whats with the under dogs taking the lead in every western series? Every series the bottom feeder has come out on top... this is a good fad for the Oilers to keep following... big game boys, lets go.

-Juju

3:58 AM  
Blogger Emm said...

Hmmmm....maybe the fizzy lemonade isn't working. Perhaps I need to regroup.

Power napping before school...

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best Seinfeld Episode Ever...whats with all the hockey comments...did you guys not read the title...Cartwright!! CARTWRIGHT!!

George: But you haven't called our table

Chinese Restaurant Man: Yes I did, I said "Cartwright! Cartwright" and nobody came

George: But thats not my name.. its Costanza.....

hahahahhaha...or something like that...BUT ITS FUNNY! sigh...i love that episode..

Sorry about the games girls....

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you want cinco de mayo? Go to south beach where they do sambas till dawn and fireworks better than the millenium. And all for those aliens that keep coming across the border bringing terror I think but more importantly music and dancing and amazing silicone breasts. Speaking of which, nice cleavage in the shots girls. BUT what they don't have is hockey hockey hockey SO I am glad to be home where I can go to sleep with earphones connected to my computer that is somehow connected to the universe, Thanks Emm, and keeping me sane with hockey plays. I am now cheering for Ottawa which I cannot believe. Let's take a contract out on Ryan Miller folks. Isn't that a girls name???

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool looking elephant.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home